Guenter Barth was born in East Germany and started painting at the age of 16.
In 1957, with his new wife, Edel and his paints, he fled from communist Germany into Berlin. They migrated to Australia in 1960, but it wasn’t until 1994 when he retired that he could follow his dream of devoting his time to painting. He has travelled extensively throughout Australia and has been inspired by the contrast and beauty of Australian landscapes.
The natural beauty of the bush and the outback became his inspiration to work in oils. Guenter loves to paint and his favourites are Australian Landscapes and Seascapes. He says it’s the best hobby anyone can have.
His paintings have been sold to every State in Australia, as well as Germany, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, America and Canada.
He has been an active member of the Nepean Art Society since 2003.
Here is a list of some of his Achievements.
• 2005 – Guest Artist at St. Pauls Grammar School (Cranebrook)
• Chosen to send Artworks to Japan, Sister City Project
• 2008 – 1st Prize in local regional Show (Penrith)
• 2008 – Publication in the ‘ARTIST’S PALETTE’ Magazine No. 72 including Front Page
• 2008 – Private Exhibition in Katoomba (Blue Mountains)
• 2010 – Winner of ‘WORLD HERITAGE ART PRIZE’
• 2012 – A second Publication in the ‘ARTIST’S PALETTE – BACK TO BASICS’ including Front Page.
• 2012 – 1st Prize ‘ROSE LINDSAY ART PRIZE’ and Viewers’ Choice, Springwood Art Show
• 2013 – Featured Artist at Springwood ART SHOW
• Many ‘VIEWERS CHOICE’ Awards and ‘Highly Commended’ Certificates.
Interested Persons can purchase artworks by contacting Guenter on ‘firstname.lastname@example.org